Thursday, June 3, 2010

Already 5




Today is Ben and Sophie's 5th birthday and I still can't believe it myself. It really seems like such a short time ago that I was in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Mercer Hospital in Trenton holding each of them, one at a time, in the palm of my hand, just a little over 2 pounds (Sophie) and 3 pounds (Ben) each.


I know what I am reflecting upon isn't anything earth shattering or unique to anyone whose had children, but I am astounded by how quickly the time has flown.


They have amazed me every day of those 5 years, and I want to say "thank you" to them somehow for what they've taught me. I hope I can figure out how to do that.
Happy Birthday kiddos. Daddy loves you more than you'll ever know. But I'm working on that.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Awww, so touching it brought tears to my eyes! It doesn't matter how earth shattering or unique it is or isn't, it is indescribably wonderful, isn't it? Luv ya & glad you're so happy as a Daddy.

Honeygo Beasley said...

Awesome twosome! How time flies ...

They're precious and gorgeous.
You're doubly blessed!