Friday, September 24, 2010

The Rare Plug





Today is the occasion for a very very rare plug from me, and believe me, I don't plug. I try to use this blog to clue followers to events and beers and the important things in my kids' lives, but here is as enthusiastic a recommendation as I can give:


Buy Lew Bryson's book.


This time around, Lew Bryson's book is the FOURTH edition of his landmark first tome, Pennsylvania Breweries, and it's a dramatically revamped and revised version of what has always been one of the best beer reads ever written. Bryson's writing, to me, has always been compelling stuff, and Pennsylvania Breweries proves it with crisp writing, insider info on many of the state's breweries and excellent travel and food tips. And best of all: his beer descriptions will have your thirsting for the brews he writes about. Impressive stuff. And you can follow his book signing travels right on his blog, Seen Through a Glass.


Here's hoping you'll catch one of his appearances and join him for a beer.

1 comment:

Lew Bryson said...

Thanks, Rich! This is my best one yet: bigger, fun to write, great places, and really looking forward to the events. Hope to see you at one or two of them.