Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I'm always good for a beer," says Obama

Good beer buddy Tom Cizauskas took note of this first on his blog, as reported in the NY Times website, but it will always bear repeating, as far as I'm concerned. From a town hall style meeting in Elkart, IN, quoth our President in an exchange with a earnest fellow citizen:

“I’m one of those that thinks you need to have a beer with Sean Hannity,” she said.

“With respect to Sean Hannity, I didn’t know that he had invited me for a beer,” the president said to laughter from the crowd.

“But I will take that under advisement,” he added in a tone that suggested it may be a long consideration, prompting even more laughter.

“Generally,” Mr. Obama went on, “his opinion of me does not seem to be very high.”
More laughter.

“But I’m always good for a beer.”

The Caucus
New York Times on-line
By Peter Baker
9 February 2009

Gotta love the guy.

No comments: