Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas Day was a quiet affair this year at the house, just the 4 of us, and probably the first time that the twins GOT what was going on, Santa and presents and all that. Even though I came to the parenthood game quite late in life, I finally have gotten to experience that insane childhood joy of Christmas morning. I am truly blessed. Truly.


Lots of Leap Frog toys for them, a remote control red racecar, an enormous Thomas the Tank Engine train set for Ben, a big pink treasure chest of princess costumes for the Fairy Princess Sophie, and all those boring clothes that the kids quickly open and just as quickly toss aside.




Queen (more on her later) scored a bunch of workout clothes and a new Coach wallet from the kids, and I scored some much needed workout socks, loungewear and a gorgeous bottle of Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon. Can't wait to taste that amber nectar.
Made a traditional Christmas ham overnight, keeping alive a tradition that my father so very much enjoyed on Xmas Eve. Mustard-brown sugar glaze, a really good ham, too.

Christmas with the whole extended Pawlak clan was scheduled for the 27th at my brother Bob's house on Long Island. Mom's making gnocchis!!! More about that in my next post.

2 comments:

Michelle/Jersey Shore said...

Merry Christmas Sounds like you had a great and perfect holiday .. I just finished eating and you made me hungry again .. ha ha ha.
ciao

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out.

Please let me know where you got your theme. Many thanks

my weblog samsung galaxy sii battery